After many many long month of un, and under employment, today was my first day at my new job!
When I walked in the door this morning and told the receptionist who I was, I was greeted with “Oh! You’re IT. Your gonna be down in the cave with the boys!” Now, I heard this phrase twice more before I actually walked in. I felt a wee bit nervous by hearing this comment.
I was walked thru and introduced to the “upstairs” IT guys, then was walked down to “the cave”. I got to meet the rest of the web team aka: the boys. I feel very fortunate that, (so far – lol) we are a good mesh of people! I was able to hit the ground running, but starting to study my first client product, #Supple Beverages, there will be more on that to come, I am sure…
I am happy to say I will be able to stay in the #BBHILL & #NNSMB (well, except for tomorrow). When I asked about my schedule, I was told “umm. Well you can get in the door by 6am… but, as long as you get your work done…” so it sounds like I have some fantastical flexibility – woo hoo!
Other random things from today
- I may need to learn to love potato chips – it appears to be the lunch of choice
- when they do eat lunch, it’s a China buffet
- my boss it actually pretty cool and low key
- we have badge only entrances – lets start a pool for what I’ll have to pay in replacments for forgetting
- Yes, the company I work for does the ShakeWeight website and fulfillment!!!
- I think I need either a phone book or a booster seat for my desk chair
- i’m planning to ‘girlie up’ my little corner of the bat cave – they’ve been warned
- there is a great need in this world for a “double bold” button
- there is also an even bigger need for a “you are stupid” button
I can’t wait to see where this takes me!