We just had our first real snowfall of the season. Now go outside and shovel and when you come back in I’ll have some great warm and fuzzy memories for you, and maybe even some hot coco.
Go ahead, I’ll wait…..
All done? Good, put another log on the fire, a candy cane in your coco, sit back & enjoy
I was SUPER DUPER pumped to see this Tweet today!
Meet_Meme – @carrieatthill Your cards are on the way 🙂 http://mtme.me/87277
It was love at first sight. I had never felt this way before, my heart skipped as I traced the hard outline with my finger. It was rough and beautiful all at the same time, and when I took it in my hand, I knew it had to be mine forever. It was – a 5″ platform, glitter stiletto. (where was your mind just then? Dirty!)
I first saw the fabulousness that is now affectionately known as my Glitter Tranny Shoes, I knew I wanted them. I don’t normally covet things in such a manner, but those, oh hell yes I did! I was at Kohl’s shopping with my friend Nicki for some boots for her, when I saw the heels isle. I had to check it out. I tried them on while wearing my fuzzy pink socks and have never felt more fierce! Or tall! Me being the klutzy goofball we all know and love, stood in them long enough for a photo-op – and then put them back. The were. impractica$@%^ sorry, I died a little there when I said that word. I don’t know at what point in my life I was forced to grow up and acknowledge that glittery shoes that I can’t walk in are something I should not own… but I don’t like that particular point in history. So, I put them back on the shelf and carried on about the rest of my night (texting, Facebooking and all around fixating on those shoes). Over the next week or so, not only did I show the photo to everyone who would look & talk about them non stop – I also visited them every time I was near a Kohls!
This past weekend, my mom and I were shopping and I was visiting them at Kohls (again). I was even able to muster a enough steps to admire them in a mirror! That’s when my mommy said “Why don’t you just buy them as a ‘new job gift to yourself’ and shut up about them!” BRILLIANT! I took them home that very day.
As I will most likely never be able to wear them anyplace I have to walk (or stand) I have made a list of uses for the Glitter Tranny Shoes to further validate my purchase!
- Disco/Mirror ball enhancers
- Help short people’s feet reach the floor at restaurants
- Defense against muggers, zombies, pirates and other such monstrous villainy*
- Doggy butt scratchers
- Lawn aeration
- Walking the dog or taking out the trash in style
- Wear on those days when you just have “That not-so-fierce feeling”
- Brightening up the “Web Cave”
*Safety note – do not wear GTS to run away from such marauders as you will only sprain your ankle allowing them to get you!
What have I missed? If you have ideas on other uses for the GTS… post them here – I would LOVE to hear them 🙂 Happy Thanksgiving!
Timing is everything.
Wow – it was quite the friendfest this weekend. The combination of a full moon & a trifecta of out-of-town besties made for quite the experience! As most of the photos are embarrassing and most of the stories are NSFW, today’s blog will be in list format…
The Highlights (& lessons learned)
- merry & steph were both home! (from FL & OK respectively)
- i got to meet some quite cool new people
- it’s totally acceptable to wear slippers to a bar in fremont
- the banana (trust me – it’s best we leave it at that)
- sleep is highly overrated
- i am way too chicken to go on the haunted drive
- if texting while driving is bad, photography while driving is much worse
- Fu “is not Oprah. I can text & drive”
- 1 sip of the 15% alcohol content whipped cream & i am done.
- caramel whipped cream in a cider is way tastier then it looks
- deciding not to have the same drink twice in 1 night only goes so far. after a while you pick 1 & stick to it.
- a 6 block walk to the next place is not a good idea in heels
- if you see clodagh & i together in a place w/a jukebox… be prepared to hear the following
- total eclipse of the heart (at least 2 or 3 times)
- major amounts of michael jackson
- at least 1 song by abba and/or cher
- if it’s just julie picking songs- you will hear some old school country
- if you are going to poop your pants, expect me to follow you around spraying perfume until you go home & change
- don’t expect clo & i to play pool
- julie hates ed hardy
- how to do a shot like a Marine
- i will never look at tipping a bartender the same way
- if you promise to bring some girls back some strawberry pancakes, you should do so!
- you are an uppercruster. it’s when you comin’ in all smelling like fancy cheese!
- fu & i are going to start a band called “succulent cheeseburger poo”
- i apparently drive 40 mph
- i can not text & drive
- franks pizza is yum!
- no matter how tired you are, you go see your besties!
All in all – this weekend rocked! It has me happy as a Giga Pudding kid!
What have I learned in my first week being a Social Media Developer?
The first and most obviously notable thing that I learned is – nobody knows what in the hell I do for a living! When I tell people that I got a job as a social media developer, they look at me with a big smile – showing that they are happy and supportive – then they say, as nicely as possible “Oh, social media… what is that?” I’ve found the quickest and most direct answer is to tell people I Twitter for a living. That’s the moment when the OOOHH of clarity comes out, and they are truly happy for me.
The next thing that I have come to learn is, when doing the social media for others, that first week, is all about doing your homework. I was assigned my first product .
Lastly, I learned that my job ABSOLUTELY. KICKS. ASS!
I mean seriously, who else can spend her workday connecting to the world in such a fun manner. Did anyone here just notice the fact that I just used the words “Work” and “fun” together??? I get to learn and teach and connect all at the same time. I still feel weird that I go into work in the morning and the first 2 thing I do are check my email and log into my Hootsuite dashboard! Anyplace else I’d be looking over my shoulder waiting to get yelled at for being on Facebook – but now… I’m writing Facebook strategy, and contemplating my very first vlog post.
So what did I learn in my first week? I learned when you find a career path you love and enjoy what you do – a little hard work just makes it better!
Thanks Tommy for suggesting my headline, I need to get lots of blogging in, so please everybody, send me a headline title and let’s work on my blog skills!